6 Tips To Write SEO Friendly Content
When it comes to content writing, there are two things you need to take care of. First, your target audience needs to enjoy and like what they’re reading. Second, the search engine algorithms need to recognize your content as valuable and a perfect match for an intended search. All of this comes together in writing SEO-friendly content.
When your content is SEO friendly, it suits your target customers as much as it suits the search engines. That is why you need to learn how to write SEO-friendly content easily. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the 6 best SEO content writing tips. Just keep reading!
1. Deliver Clear Value
First things first, your content needs to deliver clear value to those reading it. This will make it more attractive to your target audience as well as the search engines.
To make sure your content is valuable, write it so it does one or more of the following:
- it provides valuable information
- it explains how to solve a problem
- it gives instructions, tips, or advice
- it helps the readers achieve a goal
That’s rule number one of SEO-friendly content writing. Make sure the readers know the value you’ve delivered after they finish reading.
2. Choose Keywords Like a Pro
Keywords are an SEO trend that will never go out of fashion. There are keyword research tools you’ll need to use, but they alone don’t do the trick.
Why? Because there are common pitfalls you need to avoid to ensure you’re nailing keyword selection and insertion.
Just follow these simple strategies:
- go for a more specific keyword to avoid strong competition,g. best female nutrition app vs. fitness app
- add keywords naturally so that they fit the text seamlessly
- don’t add too many keywords
- always include a long-tail keyword
If you choose the highest-ranking keyword and stuff your content with it repetitively, you’ll face the following problems:
- search engines will mark your content as spammy
- you’ll be outranked by a powerful marketing company competing for that keyword
- your readers won’t enjoy your content
Focus on the small victories to make your content stand out.
3. Write Captivating Headlines
Headlines are important. They grab the attention of your audience and give them a reason to read your content. They also tell the search engines what your content is about.
Captivating headlines are the ones that:
- clearly define what the content is about
- promise a benefit for the reader
- contain the main keyword
- aren’t vague or unclear
- address the audience
- 7 Tips for Choosing the Best Female Fitness App Based on Your Body Type
- How to Choose a Fitness App
The first one clarifies that the content is meant for women to read, and promises 7 specific tips that will lead them to their final goal. It also uses the keyword naturally.
4. Mind the Structure
The structure of your content is important for SEO. You want to make your content easy to read and scan for specific information. You also want it to be short and simple.
Here are the best practices for doing so:
- divide the content using subheadings
- use keywords in subheadings
- divide the content into short paragraphs
- use lists, bullet points, or tables
This will add structure and liveliness to your content. It’ll be more dynamic for the readers and far easier to digest. If you think you need help writing a well-structured piece of content, GetGoodGrade offers the type of services you may be looking for.
5. Practice Internal Linking
If you want to strengthen your content further, practice internal linking. Here’s how it works:
- you’ve previously written content on a similar or related subject matter
- you add a link to that content
- you use anchor text to insert the link naturally
This tells the search engines more about your content and gives your readers an additional source of information if they’re interested.
6. Optimize Your Meta Description
Meta descriptions need to be a part of your on-page SEO strategy. They’ll help you convince your audience they’re in the right place. They’ll also tell the search engines why your content matches the search you’re trying to rank for.
To optimize your meta description, just do the following:
- keep it super simple
- use the main keyword
- explain the intention and goal of your content in three or fewer sentences
It’s a winning formula.
When your content is SEO friendly, you know it’ll reach a wider audience and get your message across more successfully. It’ll help you raise brand awareness and achieve the goals you’ve set, from boosting sales to gaining customer trust.
The 6 tips we’ve listed above will help you write SEO-friendly content with ease, and ensure you tick all the boxes for high-quality, valuable, and high-ranking content.