Send SMS to Customers with WooCommerce Twilio SMS Notification Plugin
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress CMS. There are millions of store running on WordPress with WooCommerce plugin. With this WordPress plugin, anyone can start an eCommerce store within minutes that is ready to sell products.
If you also have a WooCommerce store then think about how would it be if your store can send automatic SMS to your customers after they place the order or make payment or order status change? You may think if any WooCommerce SMS plugin available.
Yes, it can be done with WooCommerce Twilio SMS Notification Plugin. This plugin is able to send your customers SMS when they order, make payment or even their order status change like order canceled, order failed, order on hold etc.
This extension using the Twilio API. Twilio is the most popular and one of the best SMS API that can be used to send SMS internationally.
Will it not be so cool to have a plugin that works with WooCommerce and use Twilio API?
Well, I am going to tell you each and every feature of this SMS notification sending WooCommerce extension.
Features of WooCommerce Twilio SMS Notification Plugin
Before you download this plugin, you should know about all the features of this WooCommerce add-on. This plugin comes with free and pro version.
Below are the features of the Twilio WooCommerce SMS plugin free version:
- Send SMS notifications when customer order on the WooCommerce store.
- SMS will be sent when a customer makes an online payment so that customers can be confirmed about payment received.
- Send SMS notification when order processing. After buyer order, a product on cash on delivery this SMS will be sent.
- Send SMS when the order status complete.
- Order failed SMS notifications.
- Order canceled SMS notifications.
- Send SMS, whenever you change order status from the dashboard or backend edit order page.
- Any types of status SMS can be disabled or enabled from the plugin options page.
- Enable/disable SMS for admin or customer or for both for the particular order status.
- Customizable SMS text, in an easy way. You can easily put order ID, price, site name within it easily.
- Support ORDER_ID, ORDER_CURRENCY, ORDER_TOTAL, SITE_NAME code and it will be replaced with the actual values and name when customers get notifications.
The pro version of this plugin contains the extra features that you can see below:
- All the features of the free version
- Send SMS for when the refund occurs.
- Send SMS when the order will be on hold.
- Send SMS for order pending.
Below is the screenshot of the WooCommerce Twilio SMS Notification Plugin that is showing the Twilio API and credentials configuration page:
The screenshot below showing the options of payment complete SMS notification setup:
From this two screenshots, you can see how easy is this plugin to setup and configure. Still, if you face some problem with this plugin, you can contact us.
Why you need this plugin?
This WooCommerce Twilio SMS plugin is helpful for both admin and customers.
When a new order placed or payment made via online, admin can get the SMS notification. Well, it can be disabled or enabled easily from the options panel of the extension. Also, admin can get SMS notifications too for any changes of order status.
For example, if the order status changes to on hold or failed, the admin can get SMS notifications.
SMS notifications for your customers are always valuable.
Today, you may find lots of popular eCommerce brand send SMS notifications related to the order. It not only help customers to always be updated about the order but also it improves the customer’s experience and trust. Your customers will start to trust you as you will always send them the order status notifications and they will receive it instantly.
Another thing is that SMS notification is far better than email notification. The chances of reading the SMS notification is higher than that of email notifications. Your customers tend to prefer read SMS notification than email notification.
Also, if you change an order status, then the customers may not have connected to the internet at that time, but nowadays, anyone with the phone can receive SMS notification anytime.
Installation and usage
To start with WooCommerce Twilio SMS Notification Plugin you just need to get your Twilio account SID, Twilio token, sender phone number (Twilio phone) from official Twilio website. To get these required credential you have to create account on Twilio and then you can get API key and other credentials.
You need to purchase SMS plan on Twilio to see this plugin working.
After you download the WooCommerce Twilio SMS Plugin you have to install it. The installation process is the same as any other WordPress plugin.
To install this plugin from your admin panel, go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload plugin. Then upload the wc-twilio-otp-and-sms-notification-pro.zip file and after install activate it.
After that you will able to see the plugin options under WooCommerce -> WC Twilio SMS. Here you can put your Twilio account SID, Twilio token, Twilio sender phone. Then enable/disable the SMS types according to your requirements.
Do you need this WooCommerce Add-on? If you need it for your store then you can get it from here.